Thursday 1 April 2010

To Ely today - cold again but warm welcomes

I was in Ely for much of today. It was cold again but I cannot complain about the welcome of the people - my potential electors. It was great.

Tomorrow being Good Friday, I shall not be on campaign trail. However, the team will be seen in Soham on Saturday. Watch out for us.

In the context of Easter, it was a joy for both Sue and I to witness cross-carrying pilgrims in Swaffham Prior. They are now well on their way to Walsingham in Norfolk. We spoke to them but took no pictures. However, the Daily Telegraph published a good one today. It was spoiled by the inaccurate caption which said that the pilgrims were at 'Ten Mile Bottom, Cambridgeshire.' I guess that the DT must have meant Six Mile Bottom, which is in 'my' Constituency of South East Cambridgeshire.

Here is the picture as published.

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.