Friday 2 April 2010

Leave Marshalls alone!

There has been a lot of silly talk about the future of Marshalls of Cambridge. The Cambridge News has reported the silly talk. Go to -

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Home/Parties-clash-over-Marshall-Airport.htm

Today's Cambridge News carries an exclusive story with direct quotes from Sir Michael Marshall (above right), Chairman of the Marshall Group of companies. Go to -

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Home/Exclusive-Marshall-says-it-will-stay-in-Cambridge.htm

This is wonderful news and ties in well with a letter I sent to the paper for publication:

"Dear Editor

Leave Marshalls alone!

I hesitate to mess with those who are fighting for the Cambridge seat at the General Election but, as many people in my prospective Constituency of South East Cambridgeshire work with and for the Marshall group of companies, I think that I should advise in particular Mr Julian Huppert of the Liberal Democrats to leave Marshalls alone.

I have it on the highest authority that there is no immediate desire nor need for Marshalls to move from their present sites. Moreover, if thousands of houses are built on the airport and related sites at the same time as thousands of excellent local jobs are lost, I fear that we shall see out-commuting from Cambridge on an even greater scale than at present.

My preference is for our local economy to continue to thrive. I will do all that I can to promote our County's interests, but I also want a slowing down of inward migration to Cambridgeshire - and a slowing down of immigration nationally.

Yours sincerely,

Geoffrey Woollard.
Independent Parliamentary Candidate, South East Cambrigeshire."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.