Tuesday 23 February 2010

I'm a bunny-hugger!

I shall be accused of being a bunny-hugger after today (some already label me thus), but I couldn't resist posting on this blog some remarkable pictures of English brown hares and their young - known as leverets - that Sue has found.

The first one is of a female hare - a doe - suckling her young.















The next is of baby leverets sheltering from predators.






Finally, a 'teenage' leveret leaps for joy.















These beautiful creatures have natural predators but I am opposed to the so-called 'sport' of hare coursing. Please sign my on-line NoToHareCoursing E-Petition to 10 Downing Street at -

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/NoToHareCoursing/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.