Thursday 4 March 2010

We had a good reception in Ely - again

The campaign hit Ely again today and a good time was had by all. One lady whose husband is a helpful supporter met me for the first time and remarked that I was much younger than she had thought. Thanks a million, Jane of Stuntney!

It was also good to see and hear the market traders (Thursday is Market Day at Ely, but there is no livestock market as in the old days of A.T. Grain & Sons and George Comins) who seemed to be pleased by the outcome of the recent discussions and debate with East Cambridgeshire District Council. I am sure that my friends who are members of the Council will also be pleased and relieved. I could see both sides of the argument which, as usual, revolved around money. Here is a picture of some of the market stalls.

And here is me with one of the market traders, Joanne Smith of 'Olives and Stuff.' Thanks for the good talk, Joanne, and I hope that you like the picture!

















Naturally, I called in again at the Ely Standard offices, where we briefly discussed another of my pictures that the paper published today. It is of Reach Lode and was taken from the Upware end, near where Sue and I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.