Monday 29 March 2010

I say, 'Bring 'em on!'

This image is from today's Independent. It appears as part of an article headed, "Tally ho! 'Barbour cavalry' rides to Tories' rescue - Fox-hunting 'Barbour cavalry' prepares to ride to the rescue of Tories in key marginal seats."






















The link to the full article is here -

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tally-ho-barbour-cavalry-rides-to-tories-rescue-1929969.html

I have just posted an on-line comment as follows:

"I am an independent candidate against bringing back fox hunting and hare coursing in the supposedly safe Conservative seat of South East Cambridgeshire. The sitting MP has said that he will vote to repeal the Hunting Act 2004. I have lived in the constituency all of my 71 years. I am a countryman born and bred. I have been politically active for much of my life. I was a Conservative County and District Councillor and a Conservative activist until I got fed up (in 1999) with their leaders' deep-down and perceived priorities - fox hunting, hare coursing, etc. I know 'my' constituency like the back of my hand. I have been actively canvassing for eight weeks. Very, very few electors want the Hunting Act 2004 repealed. The people are with me on this (and many other things, like the dreadfully wasteful adventure in Afghanistan) and, if the Conservatives think that repeal of the Hunting Act 2004 will do them any good in this constituency, they are daft. Add this factor to the widespread disillusionment and distrust of all sitting Parliamentarians and it then becomes clear that South East Cambridgeshire is no longer a safe Conservative seat. It is another marginal. Add in some silly and ignorant invaders and we have the sure-fire recipe for trouble for the sitting MP. So I say, 'Bring 'em on!'"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.