Friday 29 January 2010

Not in my name and not with my money

"David Miliband, the Foreign Secretary, has defended a plan to pay off the Taleban while British soldiers continue to die in Helmand province." (The Times, 29th January, 2010).

I have commented on-line as follows:

"Not in my name and not with my money.

My wife and I are going to Burwell, Cambridgeshire (about four miles from our home) to attend the funeral of Private Robbie Hayes today. Robbie was a school friend and a Newmarket Rugby Club friend of my grandson. Robbie's life was lost 'over there' and he and all of the other British and American dead and injured have already paid too high a price for Afghanistan.

Bring our boys home now."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article7007091.ece

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.