Saturday 23 January 2010

George Dean's Dissertation - a triumph!


My friend George Dean, whom I have known since his childhood and who is up at Oxford, has produced his Dissertation and has sent me a copy. I have written to George as follows:

"Dear George,

I received yesterday by post and with pleasure your Dissertation on 'The Wicken Vision' and I read it between 10 p.m. and around midnight (I couldn't put it down until I had finished it). I regard it as a triumph for yourself and a lasting tribute to the thorough study and hard work that you have done, both at Oxford and elsewhere. I am honoured to have been of some assistance to you.

Well done, that man: your family and friends must be very proud of you!

As ever,

Geoffrey Woollard."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.