Friday 7 May 2010

I lost big time, but it was both fascinating and rewarding - see the Cambridge News

The Cambridge News can be relied upon for the latest election news. Here is the link to the figures in South East Cambridgeshire.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Home/General-election-results.htm

The story can also be followed on the same website.

In my brief comments after the result was announced, I congratulated Mr James Paice on his re-election with a 'thumping' majority. I also alluded to my tour of the South East Cambridgeshire constituency yesterday when I visited in turn more than fifty polling stations and thanked the officers at each one for doing their bit for British democracy. I also said that I had witnessed yet again the beauty of the County of Cambridgeshire. I then said that I had driven through 'fox' country and hare 'territory.' I said that foxes and hares were protected by the Hunting Act 2004. I concluding by pleading with the re-elected Mr Paice to alter his stated intention to vote to repeal the Hunting Act 2004, 'for the sake of the animals.'

I lost big time yesterday/today, but the election was both fascinating and rewarding. I thank all of my supporters and I thank my dear wife of 48 years, the incomparable and inimitable Sue, who deserves a medal.

Here is Sue's picture of the election result being announced at the Ross Peers Sports Centre at Soham.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.