Saturday 6 March 2010

To 'old' Teversham - and it's still cold!

I hit 'old' Teversham today (there is a large part of the Parish that is separate and we will get there on another occasion). The village is like many others: it has expanded greatly over the years, but the Church of All Saints sits serenely amongst the expansion. It is yet another of Cambridgeshire's handsome churches and I took its picture for the records and for this blog. Please note the 1914 - 1918 War Memorial to the left. For more details of the War Memorial (thanks to Martin Edwards) go to -

http://www.roll-of-honour.com/Cambridgeshire/Teversham.html

Another sight caught my eye and that was a local filling station. As the sharp-sighted will see, the price of the diesel fuel that I use in my Jeep Compass has reached 122.9 pence per litre. This is the equivalent of £5.91 (5.91 GBP) per gallon which is the equivalent of $8.86 (8.86 USD). Take note, my American readers and relatives. I do not blame the retailer, for a large proportion of the price is represented by tax. But it makes one think further on the subject of fuel economy, doesn't it?

And, yes, I know: my campaign car needs another good clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.