Tuesday 22 June 2010

Again I told the truth to the electors of South East Cambridgeshire, but they didn't believe me -

I am on record (my blog, April the 9th) as having predicted that VAT would have to be raised to 20% following the General Election.

The stock answer from the then Tory hierarchy was, 'We have no plans to raise VAT to 20%.'

But it has come to pass and my prediction was correct. VAT is to be raised to 20%. Mr Osborne has just announced it in his 'Emergency Budget.' He appears to have full support from the Liberal Democrat hierarchy.

Is it any wonder that people don't trust politicians?

I also said on April the 9th that:

"... in order further to reduce the deficit, we ... should save many more billions by getting out of Afghanistan."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.